Alcohol Abuse Treatment Centre
YOU’VE FOUND SOMETHING DIFFERENT…
Our program challenges all the old assumptions about alcoholism and drug addiction.
Despite treatment, many people continue to live broken lives plagued by cravings, anxiety, depression, relapses and suicide. The statistics are alarming and disheartening:
- 80 percent of treated alcoholics relapse after one year.
- Nearly 25 percent of deaths among those treated for chemical dependency are due to suicide.
- Each year, there are more addiction-related deaths than vehicle-related deaths.
We have made it our mission to build a better treatment model and improve success rates.
With the right treatment, the chains of addiction can be broken.
The traditional psychological model and 12-step-based programs simply don’t work for a large percentage of people, as they do not address the biochemical imbalances, nutritional deficiencies and neurological conditions that underlie addictive behaviour.
The biochemistry that drives addictive behaviour and the physiological damage caused by substance abuse must be treated for lasting recovery to occur.
Our team of skilled clinicians and specialists deal expressly with the complexities of restoring the mind, body and spirit.
How is CHRC different?
Our orthomolecular treatment model is uniquely tailored to benefit the individual suffering from addiction – cravings are reduced and neurotransmitter function is improved – paving the way for talk therapy to be effective.
- We are not a 12-step program.
- We don’t use the outdated practices of traditional treatment programs.
- Our program is based on the latest scientific research.
- We treat the underlying causes of addiction.
We treat drug and alcohol dependency, including concurrent mental health issues such as anxiety and depression, without prescribing psychotropic drugs.
- Our men-only program improves outcomes by providing relaxed fellowship without distraction.
- Our facility is set on 14 wooded acres on the outskirts of Peterborough, Ontario.
- Our guests will experience a retreat-like feel with resort-quality care and amenities.
- Our spacious, well-appointed bedrooms include ensuite living area, bathrooms and showers.
- We are located just 60 minutes from the Greater Toronto Area – if you arrive by air, transportation to and from our centre is covered by CHRC. One of our staff will meet you at Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) or Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ). After your stay, we will return you to the airport for your flight home.
No one ever chooses addiction, but you can choose to recover. One phone call is all it takes to learn more and change a life. Please don’t hesitate to call for yourself or for a loved one.
We will help you throw away the fear and the anxiety and misconceptions that surround addiction and help you build new truths, new relationships and a new outlook on life.
Our addiction specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Maybe you’re feeling unsure or maybe you just have questions? Call 844-539-2225 to speak to a specialist now or fill out our confidential form below to have a specialist contact you.
To contact an Alcohol Addiction Specialist at CHRC, fill out and submit the form below:
If you arrive by air, transportation to and from our centre is covered by CHRC. One of our staff will meet you at Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) or Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ). After your stay, we will return you to the airport for your flight home.
TOLL FREE INFO LINE: 1-844-539-2225
Calls answered by an addiction specialist
In most cases, we prefer that our clients not drive themselves. If you are unable to arrange transportation, we will assist you.
If you arrive by air, one of our staff will meet you at Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) or Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ) and drive you to our Centre. After your stay, we will return you to the airport for your flight home.